Toubkal Summit

Toubkal summit (4167m) - Climbing Mount Toubkal

Toubkal summit and climbing Mount Toubkal trek is an active way to spend a weekend with just one night and two days in the fabulous Atlas mountains to approach, Toubkal summit and descend the highest peak in Morocco and North Africa. This is a privately guided trek, you will not be part of a group and your party will be accompanied by a personal certified guide and a muleteer. You can optionally book an extra acclimatization day in Imlil before the climb, as well as extra nights in Marrakech.


Itinerary

1Day 1 :        Marrakech – Imlil (1,740m) to Mt Toubkal Base Camp (3,207m)

Morning private transfer from Marrakech to the village of Imlil (90 km / 2 hours). There you will leave the vehicle and, in the company of your mountain guide, begin your trek, heading along the Mizane Valley, first towards the village of Aremd and then onto the shrine of SidiChamarouch.

Built on a moraine spur overlooking the valley floor, Aremd is the largest village in the valley and provides an exciting mix of traditional terraced farming and streets that seem to be permanently gridlocked by goats and cattle. Continuing east and crossing the floodplain your route takes you along mule tracks and up into the high rocky cliffs above the valley.

Crossing the river you eventually come to the pastoral shrine of SidiChamarouch, which attracts tourists and pilgrims alike (although only Muslims are allowed to cross the stone bridge to visit the shrine itself). From here the trail continues to ascend steadily, snaking and zigzagging its way up to the snowline and the Mouflons Toubkal Refuge (3,207m), your stop for the night.

Accommodation: Refuge LeMouflons
Meals: packed lunch and dinner; tea and coffee
Walking time: 6-7 hours

2Day 2 :        Base Camp (3,207m) to Mount Toubkal (4,167m)

Early in the morning (around 4 am), you will make your attempt on the summit of Jebel Toubkal, the highest peak in Northern Africa. The route takes you up the south cirque, crossing the stream above the refuge and then heading across one of the numerous scree fields, where you will have to negotiate a seemingly endless carpet of boulders and rocks. The walking is relatively straightforward, but the scree and the altitude will make it difficult, however, the views along the way make the walk more than worthwhile.

Cresting the ridgeline, you will reach the plateau, from where it is a short walk to the summit and the vistas are quite breathtaking. From the peak there are unrestricted views in every direction, from the Marrakesh Plain to the High Atlas in the north and as far south as the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara.

Retracing your steps you then return down the mountain and head back towards Imlil, before your transfer back to Marrakech in the early evening.

Accommodation: no overnight included, you can optionally book extra nights in Marrakech
Meals: breakfast, packed lunch; tea and coffee
Walking time: 9-11 hours


The High Atlas Mountains
Berber villages
Mount Toubkal
Toubkal National Park

1 night in a mountain refuge (lodge)
1 breakfast
1 dinner
2 packed lunches
Private car transfer from Marrakech to Imlil on Day 1 and back to Marrakech on Day 2
Luggage transfers of one bag of up to 20 kg per person
Services of a qualified mountain guide and a muleteer as appropriate in the mountains
24/7 emergency assistance by our office

Flights and airporttransfers
Meals not listed in itinerary
Travel insurance
Personal expenses such as drinks, phone calls, extra transfers, tips, etc
Any items not explicitly mentioned in the program.

To do this trek, you can be in good physical condition, but efforts will be rewarded.
Good walking shoes are mandatory, optional walking sticks sleeping bag
Please consider, that we can currently only accept in We need an advance of 30% of the total amount 4 weeks prior to arrival date, the remaining 70% are to be paid in cash upon arrival.
Payment: can be done in € / $ / £ ou MAD

Highlights

The High Atlas Mountains
Berber villages
Mount Toubkal
Toubkal National Park

Include

1 night in a mountain refuge (lodge)
1 breakfast
1 dinner
2 packed lunches
Private car transfer from Marrakech to Imlil on Day 1 and back to Marrakech on Day 2
Luggage transfers of one bag of up to 20 kg per person
Services of a qualified mountain guide and a muleteer as appropriate in the mountains
24/7 emergency assistance by our office

Exclude

Flights and airporttransfers
Meals not listed in itinerary
Travel insurance
Personal expenses such as drinks, phone calls, extra transfers, tips, etc
Any items not explicitly mentioned in the program.

Recommendation & Notes

To do this trek, you can be in good physical condition, but efforts will be rewarded.
Good walking shoes are mandatory, optional walking sticks sleeping bag
Please consider, that we can currently only accept in We need an advance of 30% of the total amount 4 weeks prior to arrival date, the remaining 70% are to be paid in cash upon arrival.
Payment: can be done in € / $ / £ ou MAD

Map